On 2013-03-23, Phil Steitz wrote:

> I have one question:  I have not cut a release in a while and was
> always able before to avoid Nexus and the maven release plugin.  I
> understand now there is no way around using these.  First, that is
> correct, right?

There is no way around Nexus.  I haven't used the release plugin to
release Compress 1.5 at all.  Just stick to a more manual method of
creating tag.

You can use Nexus without Maven at all (we use Ivy for this in Ant
land).

> Second, one thing I remember was having to mess with local .settings
> files to store credentials.  Is that still necessary?  Should it be
> mentioned somewhere?

It is necessary when you use Maven, yes.  I've linked to the necessary
steps in the second paragraph (the "prepare your development
environment" link).

> One small comment.  We might want to, um, "update" the jdk version
> in the example from 1.3 - he he.

:-)

Stefan