Gilles,

I just noticed your request to write the algorithm along the lines of the
wikipedia article.

The only major difference between my code and the article on Wikipedia is
that I found it necessary to move the recursive stack in into a data
structure to avoid a StackOverflowException when the non polynomial
curvature is concentrated in a corner of the domain of integration. Notice
that the Stack objects stores a Stack of limits of integration.

Cheers,
Ajo.