I think all your points are important but are not exclusive.

I totally agree with Romain, the usage and features are extremely important
and we should move on (following Java version, etc…) but the simpler
someone can contribute, the faster we'll go.

I think, as Luc said, that git is a big plus for that. Let's say you're a
lambda person, you just use commons for work and found a bug you need to
fix for your app. On svn, you'll fix it, use it in your app, but you will
not share it, may be not even with your colleagues since you'll have to
build up a svn server for your fork. It's obvious that in this condition,
you won't open a Jira and give a patch : it's not your work and it's too
long/boring. On git you'll share it easily with your colleagues and the
cost to give it back to the ASF is near to zero (it's just a link to it's
repo).

I think the real question is, how much does it cost to the current
commiters to move from svn to git ? And the answer is «not much» just the
time to create the repos and push the code to it and one hour or two to get
used to git.

Do we really want to loose more potential contributions because of a
resistance to change ?

I'm a +1 for git.

--
Xavier DETANT