On 8 Oct 2013, at 11:42, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:

just an habit. svn diff && attach diff to a jira is as easy/hard as git
push + PR.

Tools like GitHub succeed because not everybody agrees with you. svn/diff is stoneage to some. git/pr is the future for them. Maybe you are right about the habit thing, but it doesn't change the fact everybody seems to enjoy with git these days. SVN is on the same road as CVS. It's not that I don't like SVN. It has served me well and I still use it. I know teams which are doing better with SVN. But esp in open source using SVN looks like the code is maintained by dinosaurs who don't want to work with "new things".

Please note, I am not saying we should move on to Git right now.

Moving to Git will be a lot of work and we'll have a lot of questions to answer. For example: how would we deal with pull requests? There are no partial checkouts in git. We would have most likely one repos per component. Would we need to create a "super parent component" including all proper components as submodule, like we have the svn view? And so on.

If we have enough willing folks to push this forward, I am happy to see it happen (unfort i am tight of time at the moment)

Cheers

If you want to push back your changes you'll do whatever the techno is.

*Romain Manni-Bucau*