On 17 Oct 2013, at 2:39, Henri Yandell wrote:

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 4:59 PM, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 16 October 2013 12:25, Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com> wrote:
If nobody is willing to put a component to "dormant" state, then the
label doesn't make any sense. I would vote to remove the dormant state in
general.
If we don't have any need of a specific component we can put it to
attic.apache.org too.
No need to duplicate things.

AFAIK, the Attic is for entire TLPs only, not individual components.

There are XML subcomponents there.

Jakarta ones went dormant iirc, but then moved over as subcomponents and not the overall umbrella. So I don't think there's a reason why a Commons
component wouldn't fit.

+1

The attic is not only for TLPs.
I don't find the mail reference right now. But I was asked to put log4cxx to the attic (sub component of Apache Logging).

---
http://www.grobmeier.de
@grobmeier
GPG: 0xA5CC90DB