> This in fact means:
>>>
>>> create a master branch which is stable.
>>> create a develop branch which is not so stable.
>>> create feature branches from develop where you work out your changes.
>>>

>> We are just swapping the branch names here, in the end your model isn't
>> very different from mine. Let's say the develop branch is named
>> 'master', the stable branch is named '1.x' or 'stable' and we are
>> basically dealing with the same workflow.
>>

> It's not my model, its the model described here:
> http://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/
>
> This is a model many people follow. Having a development branch which is
> called master
> will confuse a lot of people.

I highly doubt that. In fact master being unstable is kind of the default
if you look around on github.

> We should respect the naming conventions of git as good as possible.

There are *many* project that use git that have the master being unstable.
Rails is just one example.

Please lets not mix one bike shedding topic with the other - that's madness
;)

cheers,
Torsten