On 01/08/2015 05:24 PM, sebb wrote:
> On 8 January 2015 at 16:13, Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 01/08/2015 04:44 PM, sebb wrote:
>>>
>>> Does that actually detect such things?
>>
>> yes, that's the intention of this tool, and there is even a maven plugin:
>>
>> http://mojo.codehaus.org/animal-sniffer-maven-plugin/index.html
>
> This suggests one has to create the API signature first.
> Which means one has to have access to the appropriate JDK anyway.
>
> But I now see that some sigs are already provided.

here is an example of the usage:

      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>animal-sniffer-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>1.13</version>
        <configuration>
          <signature>
            <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo.signature</groupId>
            <artifactId>java15</artifactId>
            <version>1.0</version>
          </signature>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

signatures for the various jdk versions are already available. We could
add different profiles to the parent depending on the
maven.compiler.source property.

Thomas