On 01/08/2015 07:12 PM, sebb wrote:
> On 8 January 2015 at 17:29, Benedikt Ritter <benerit...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Send from my mobile device

>>> here is an example of the usage:
>>>
>>>      <plugin>
>>>        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
>>>        <artifactId>animal-sniffer-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>>>        <version>1.13</version>
>>>        <configuration>
>>>          <signature>
>>>            <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo.signature</groupId>
>>>            <artifactId>java15</artifactId>
>>>            <version>1.0</version>
>>>          </signature>
>>>        </configuration>
>>>      </plugin>
>>>
>>> signatures for the various jdk versions are already available. We could
>>> add different profiles to the parent depending on the
>>> maven.compiler.source property.
>>>

> A pity that the signatures are not called java1.5 etc.
> That would allow one to do:
>
> <artifactId>java${ maven.compiler.source}</artifactId>
>
> Maybe there is a way to drop the "." from the source property?

its a pity maven does not support powerful property substitutions like
in ksh for example:

http://www.softpanorama.org/Scripting/Shellorama/String_operations/ksh_substitutions.shtml

Is there a pending feature request for this?

What I have found is this:

http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/String-manipulation-in-POM-td124186.html

by using the gmaven-plugin you can create new properties based on
original ones using standard string manipulation functions.