I thought this had been made clear.  Several months Commons voted to make Math
a TLP. But shortly after that most of the people involved with Commons Math
felt that a TLP at the ASF would not work for them, so they forked the project
and left, effectively voiding the TLP vote since the proposed PMC is no longer
valid.  There is one person left who was very involved in Commons Math and a
few other people who have expressed interest in joining the new community.

So this is a situation where we have an already existing code base where a lot
of the people left are not familiar with quite a bit of it.  The new group of
people who are interested are trying to determine how they should move forward.
There is some talk of breaking Commons Math into smaller components and
possibly dropping some where there is no one to maintain it.

Ralph