Generally speaking, incubation is to nurture a community to adopting the
Apache Way.  This includes self governance, community growth and licensing
policies.

We generally expect some kind of backing community to bring this to.  We
have seen pretty consistently that starting from an empty community doesn't
work.  It doesn't mean that it's impossible, but very hard to do.

John