On 22 May 2017 at 14:35, Jan Matèrne (jhm) <apa...@materne.de> wrote:

> One benefit of having an ASF commons "tuple library" is .... it's from the
> ASF.
> I am not joking. An ASF library promisses to have a community and a life
> cycle you can
> precognize. In contrast a "simple" github library is just a peace of code.

This is a great point, honestly. I don't like using random tuple util
classes from my dependencies (other than in Scala now since they have it in
their standard library) in any public code (though it's usable in private
methods, etc.). Given a nice enough tuple library, it may be possible to
see it start to replace all the random tuple utils elsewhere.

> I think converter functions between java.util.Date and java.time could be
> helpful.
> Think of "old" modules of your application (maybe 3rd party libs) which
> require the one
> and other parts which require the other.

Like these?
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/util/Date.html#from-java.time.Instant-
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/util/Date.html#toInstant--

--