+1

I have seen hundreds of applications which are in (maintenance+ little
enhancement) mode are already moved to higher versions of java ( >1.5 ),
even very legacy applications which are just in maintenance mode or marked
for decommission are already running on 1.6 as all know that there will be
no updates. there could be rarest of rare applications running on 1.5 and
sure they dont want move else they could have moved long back to 1.6 and
and rarely 1.5 will move to java8 or 9 ;)

so yeah, why are we discussing support for Java 1.5 when not even the
vendors who ship it support it ? just move our modules for >=1.6.

Regards,
Amey