I didn't get the chance to reply when this thread happened, but really
a project should only be viewed as JDK 9 ready when it has had a
release with the Automatic-Module-Name entry in the manifest file.
AFAIK, only common-lang has this (Although commons-csv, email and jcs
were released recently I don't believe they have the entry).

Stephen