Having a new major version for everything is not going to help I'm afraid.
A major new version does not imply a Java platform change. The Maven
tooling is missing a feature to the display dependency updates goal that
let's you specify a maximum Java version, or maybe that exists but i doubt
it.

Even with that imaginary feature, tooling would not be bullet-proof since a
jar can contain a mix of class files with different byte code version.

On top of that, you also have the mess Java made with multi-release jars
where jars, by design, contain classes file of different byte code versions.

All of that to say that you can't tool your way to building a dependency
tree automatically.

Gary