On Dec 30, 2012, at 10:15 , Dirkjan Ochtman <dirk...@ochtman.nl> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 9:12 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <d...@apache.org> wrote:
>> We would like to call a vote for Apache CouchDB, 1.0.4, 1.1.2, and 1.2.1,
>> first round, maintenance releases, to start your New Year with a bang.
>
> Gentoo Linux, R15B, SpiderMonkey 1.8.5;
>
> 1.2.1: make check passes, browser test suite fails spectacularly with
> Firefox 19.0a2.
>
> All the first tests work, then it gets to cookie_auth:
>
> Assertion failed: CouchDB.session().userCtx.name == 'Jason Davies'
> Assertion failed: CouchDB.session().userCtx.name == 'Jason Davies'
> Exception raised: {"error":"forbidden","reason":"You may only update
> your own user document."}
>
> After that, everything fails:
>
> Exception raised: {"error":"unauthorized","reason":"You are not a
> server admin."}
>
> This is while running in Admin Party mode.

Hey Dirkjan,

thanks for the feedback, and sorry for the poor performance.

tl;dr: reload the page and run the test suite again. You might
have to restart CouchDB as well.

Details: Tests have historically been a little unreliable with
CouchDB, especially the browser-based test suite. We have made
good progress making tests more reliable, but some of that work
is significant enough that it is only in 1.3.x and later, so
previous versions can still be a little wonky. The good news
though is that if you get the browsers tests to succeed in
multiple tries, that is still good enough for a release here,
as the problem is with the browser-couch interaction that is
specific to the test and not any functionality in CouchDB. Of
course that is not optimal, but it’s what we’ve got for
versions < 1.3.x.

Best
Jan