On May 1, 2013, at 11:50 AM, Paul Okstad
<poks...@gmail.com<mailto:poks...@gmail.com>> wrote:

I believe part of the reason for the lack of documentation is the lack
luster moinmoin wiki.

I agree; it's pretty unpleasant to use. I've been contributing to it
intermittently for over a year but it's always a chore.

CouchDB is also about a community of developers and users, and Atlassian
has been working very hard on making the current Confluence release more
and more social.

We use Confluence internally at Couchbase, but in practice people don't seem
very happy with it — informally, it looks to me like people here use private
Github wikis and Google Docs a lot more for internal docs. The usual complaint
I hear is that it's too complicated, and too hard to find things in.

But it's better than MoinMoin, and it integrates with Jira, so I'd be in favor
of switching. (Not that I have any sway around here.)

Another alternative would be a wiki CouchApp. (Mm, dog food!) Are there any
good ones?

—Jens