I'm definitely in favour of building up the docs/ effort to replace
the wiki as *the* place to find out how couchdb works. I can't quite
picture what will be left of the wiki when that's achieved. I guess
the pages where we list contributors and couchdb-based projects, but
not too much else.

I'm -0.9 (see http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html) on
switching to Confluence. The choice of wiki technology is a tiny
factor, in my opinion. No wiki is useful without active maintenance.
Unless there's a horde of editors just waiting for the switch before
they'll help out, I think it's a distraction from the real issue.

B.