Tim Williams wrote:
After reading, studying *.xmap, and re-reading, I think I'm
understanding this a bit better.  My question is should the
locationmap match be moved earlier in the pipeline?  I got the
behaviour I would have expected by moving it immediately before all of
the i18n matches for regular source content.

No. If it were moved to before the i18n match for *.xml files it would prevent that code from working since the first match in which the generator is executed is the *only* match that will run.

Is there a reason why you want to move it earlier?

Ross