On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 12:17 +1000, David Crossley wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > David Crossley (JIRA) wrote:
> > >
> > > David Crossley commented on FOR-1083:
> > > -------------------------------------
> > >
> > > Do the notes help that i made in FOR-955? It seems that i got further
> > > than you have.
> >
> > Hmm, not sure whether it is because of the cocoon you used in 955, but
> > with my current setup I actually always getting:
> > Unable to select source factory for 'sitemap.xmap'. No default factory
> > found.
>
> Yesterday i started another attempt with the current
> Cocoon-2.1 branch. My setup is not ready yet. Probably
> won't have time today - other stuff to attend to.
>
> In my previous attempt, i changed the XPathTransformer and
> IdGeneratorTransformer differently to you.

You write there:

Revert main/java/org/apache/forrest/util/XPathTransformer.java r111200
Revert main/java/org/apache/forrest/util/IdGeneratorTransformer.java
r111200

Do you mean
svn up -r111200 main/java/org/apache/forrest/util/

which results in
D    main/java/org/apache/forrest/util

> Also i edited cocoon.xconf to set the "Cocoon version" etc.
> That would probably explain your error.

-<cocoon version="2.2">
+<cocoon version="2.1">

> See my notes on FOR-955.

I am now a step further ahead and see another error (after adding the
webapp/WEB-INF/xconf/forrest-core.xconf directly into cocoon.xconf):
/home/thorsten/src/apache/forrest/trunk/main/webapp/symbols-core-v10.ent

> > I will try to update our cocoon this week since I have some time this
> > week for the task.
> >
> > I wonder whether it would be a good idea to create a branch for it so it
> > is easier to debug in team.
>
> I agree that we should do a branch so that a few of us
> can work on it. Didn't want to do that if it was just me,
> because the branch might be too long-lived - two years
> since my last attempt. Great to see renewed interest.

It would be good if you could add what you have into the branch this way
I can have a look.

salu2