On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 11:23:07AM +0200, Vicent Mas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just installed forrest-0.9 with the help of David Crossley (thanks
> again).
>
> Unfortunately it can't build my website (that I built when 0.9 was the
> developer version).
> With 'forrest run' I get the following error:
>
> Internal Server Error
> Message: null
> Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
> Source: Cocoon Servlet
> cause
>
> C:\Users\Vicente\Apache
> Forrest\forrest\main\webapp\C:\Users\Vicente\ViTables\Website\forrest\build\tmp\C:\Users\Vicente\Apache
> Forrest\forrest\build\plugins\dataModel.xmap (El nombre de archivo, el
> nombre de directorio o la sintaxis de la etiqueta del volumen no son
> correctos)
>
> request-uri
> /index.html
>
> Request URI
> index.html
>
> If I do a clean, run 'forrest' and read the broken-links.xml file it says:
>
> <broken-links>
>   <link message="C:\Users\Vicente\Apache
> Forrest\forrest\main\webapp\.\C:\Users\Vicente\ViTables\Website\forrest\build\tmp\C:\Users\Vicente\Apache
> Forrest\forrest\build\plugins\dataModel.xmap (El nombre de archivo, el
> nombre de directorio o la sintaxis de la etiqueta del volumen no son
> correctos)">linkmap.html</link>
> </broken-links>
>
> I don't know what to do now. Any ideas?

Those mangled Windows pathnames are certainly a problem.

First thing is to ensure that a default skinned site will work.
In a new directory, do:
 forrest seed-sample
 forrest

If that works, then try configuring that sample site
to use Dispatcher. See its forrest.properties configuration file.
Then do the 'forrest' command again.

> Should I try forrest 0.10?

Perhaps that might help.

I do recall some similar issues in the past.
I do not use Windows, so it is difficult for me to help.
Let us hope that one of the other committers that use
Dispatcher will assist.

-David