On Tuesday 22 August 2006 15:33 Philipp Marek wrote:
> I now tried for several hours to find the magic combination of preprocessor
> defines, to get the functions lstat() and fstat() and the struct stat
> automatically mapped to lstat64() and fstat64() and struct stat64.
> I tried AC_SYS_LARGEFILE in configure.in and some combinations
> of -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D__USE_FILE_OFFSET64
> -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE=1 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE=1 but didn't get it.
>
> I read /usr/include/features.h, /usr/include/sys/cdefs.h
> and /usr/include/sys/stat.h but didn't get any wiser.
>
> Does anybody know how to get the automatic mapping 32 -> 64bit functions?
Well, never mind. The correct way is using *only* -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 - and
nothing else.

So the currently committed version has no longer lseek64() and similar, but
switches depending on system type.

If someone gets problems with files >=2GB, please tell.

Ben, could you please try again with current trunk?
Thank you!

Regards,

Phil

--
Versioning your /etc, /home or even your whole installation?
             Try fsvs (fsvs.tigris.org)!