> P.Marek wrote:
>>> Is it possible to use an option like -ofilter=mtime-dir so only adapting the
>>> existing mtime filter. Do you think this is easy possible to do or do you
>>> see
>>> another way to do that?
>> Well, I believe that this should be an entirely new config option; the
>> filter options
>> are convoluted enough.
>>
>> Maybe "dir-no-mtime-only" or something like that?
>
> So you think of a seperate option?
> For a filter option I see it easier to be done because the code for filtering
> mtime already exist and only needs to be extended by checking for the type of
> the fs object.
Yes, but the logic for "-v" would get even harder to understand.
So yes, you're in the right place for checking, but I'd simply use a new option.

>> Do you want to do the dir-no-mtime-only option? Better name welcome.
>
> I can try but would first try with the existing code for mtime in filter, I
> am a
> lazy guy :-)
Would it make sense to wait with the release, ie. do you think you can make it
in the
next two weeks?

> Other suggestion would be dir-exclude-mtime, exclude-dir-mtime-changes
> (perhaps
> open the naming for further exclude options that may follow)...
The first one seems better to me.

Regards,

Phil

--
Versioning your /etc, /home or even your whole installation?
             Try fsvs (fsvs.tigris.org)!