From: "Ryan Bloom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 10:14 AM

> > > No.  It's entirely invalid.
> > >
> > > At the very least - you are looking the r->server->lookup_defaults, plus the
> > > <Location > sections in per_dir_config.
> > >
> > > That's always true, anything that changes that assumption is broken.  Now if
> > > either proxy or your patch skips the initial <Location > lookup (or it is
> > > otherwise circumvented) then you get what you pay for.
> >
> > It's not that clear to me what the right solution should be. Checkout
> > ap_proxy_http_process_response(). This function reads the -response- from the
>proxied
> > server and dummies up a request_rec to do so. So is this a valid approach or not?
>If it
> > is, then we do not need to do location/directory walks (and it is fine if
> > r->per_dir_config is NULL.
>
> We must be able to dummy up request_rec structures in order to use filters
> that aren't attached to a request.  I believe that r->per_dir_config should be
> allowed to be NULL.

Now I see... and don't think this is the solution.  Think for a moment; any
corrupted module could destroy r->per_dir_config, and we would be none the
wiser.

I think the simplest solution is to fill in r->per_dir_config with
r->server->lookup_defaults.  The longer solution is to create a default
conf_vector, of an empty configuration.  And the best solution, some point
in the future, might be configuring <RemoteProxy > sections.  The real question
is what is the request actually using within this dummy configuration, and that
would require some single stepping I don't have time for this week.

Bill