From: "Justin Erenkrantz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 4:56 PM

> On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 04:46:01PM -0600, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> > Broke more than proxy, without a rebuild all.  Time for an MMN bump, it seems :)
>
> I was wondering about that.  =)  What are the rules for a MMN bump?

You break it, you bump it :)

Seriously, whenever;

  1. function declaration or return types change [broken binary compatibility.]

  2. external structure members change [broken binary compatibility.]

So when you changed the structs - you needed an MMN bump.

BTW --- 1.3.23 question here; The API_EXPORT -> API_EXPORT_NONSTD changes in
theory require an MMN bump on Win32.  Which really sucks, because I don't want
to break everyone else.  Anyone given any thought as to how we can avoid an MMN
bump, when all that's happened is a specific platform has been broken [linkage,
etc?]  It almost makes me think we _aught_ to drop the .def file for win32,
creating decorated symbol names that now-broken modules will refuse to link
against, sparing all other platforms a version bump.

Bill