Cliff Woolley wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Feb 2002, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
>
> > I hate asserts.  I don't even know why I put it in there.  This is
> > exactly why it is a bad idea to have debug asserts change code.
>
> Seriously.

...but if totalread had been -1?

> > How about rolling .32 as the same as .31 with that line changed?
> > (Could you make this change on daedalus - that should fix it.)
>
> Well, it's an AP_DEBUG_ASSERT, so it only breaks in maintainer mode,
> right?

agreed.  So far we've only gotten one dump on daedalus, where we intentionally
turn on maintainer mode and which we watch pretty closely.  Brian's pager isn't
going off, nobody has complained, no biggee I say.

> So IMO it's not worth a rerelease just for that.

I dunno, it seems pretty minor to me.  But OTOH 2.0.28 didn't have it.

I will patch, rebuild, test & bounce soon.

Greg