--On Tuesday, October 12, 2004 4:17 PM +0100 Joe Orton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

OK sure, but the point you have to argue is why it's useful to support
this feature *in httpd*.  N million 1.3 users live without it.  I'm

Agreed. +1 for making it simpler and avoiding the memory hogging. My only comment on your patch is that I'd personally keep the filter context around just to make the diff that much easier to grok. To be correct, you'd also have to shift everything over one tab level. And, if someone can come up with a way to add a smarter byterange filter later, they have a context there already. =)

(I probably should have made the subject "a lazy developer's byterange
filter" to make my intentions clear about doing any real work to fix PR
29962 :)

I don't think there's a straightforward way to honor these contrived byterange requests that produce degenerate output streams. And, my interpretation of the RFC leads me to believe that the people who wrote it understood that and gave us a clear opt-out. -- justin