--On Wednesday, February 23, 2005 10:19 AM +0000 Nick Kew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

By this point, I think that if a super-cool feature hasn't made it in
yet, it's time to admit that the feature missed the boat and it needs to
wait until 2.4.

Never mind about super-cool features making it in. What about the reverse? Why is APR still bundled rather than listed as a dependency?

I think this should be updated before 2.2 goes release-candidate.

I disagree because forcing users to separately download APR is a bad thing as it is a 'core' dependency - you can't build httpd without it. I don't think it's reasonable to assume that anyone has APR installed. Actually, if they do, it's likely to be APR 0.x due to their OS's use of 2.0.x. -- justin