On Apr 21, 2006, at 10:39 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
-1 to adopting Jackrabbits' license until Roy's (very reasonable) nit on the language is addressed. -1 to removing copyright until we have an absolute, documented policy from ASF legal. I'm glad you and Roy feel entirely assured that you speak for legal/privy to its workings and, of course, its final conclusions. For the sanity of all the rest of us project members, let us please work from documented policy though, can we? And feh - let's just
have done with this tarball release and revisit once policy is *set*.

FTR, we are not going to vote on legal policy.  The board will vote,
if anyone.  Legal policies are not a PMC thing.  I implement them as
needed or directed by the board.

I don't really care about the nit (it is present in the existing
header text).  It is just something I noticed while implementing
the changes for Jackrabbit.

I don't concur with Colm, the tarball is the release and changing the legal text is more significant, perhaps, than even the code itself. So it's yet
another bump that strikes me as silly.

*shrug*  version numbers are cheap.  I thought we only required them
to change if the compiled bits would change or if the release was
already announced.

....Roy