On 12/11/06, Fenlason, Josh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Is there any way Apache could do the following?
        1. Search for a match in the language and language-locale list
the client provides
        2. If no match was found above, strip off the locale and try
again.
        3. If there still isn't a match, use the server's default
language.

That way if the server's default is en but has content for en, de, and
fr, and the client specified de-CH, de-AT, and fr-CA, de would be served
instead of defaulting to en.  That would seem to be more useful to the
client.  As of Apache 2.2.3, that scenario would end up serving en.

Hmmm, I haven't looked at the code in a while, but I was under the
impression it did that already.  Are you saying that the ordering of
the fallback list (of languages with locale stripped of) is by the
LanguagePriority directive rather than by the Accept-Language
priority?  If so, I agree that should be changed.

Joshua.