Re: Jeff's last note, yes httpd does call crypt() directly,

Any other questions that need discussion / resolution?

David Jones
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

On 3/16/07, Jeff Trawick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 3/16/07, William A. Rowe, Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Jeff Trawick wrote:
> >
> > APR doesn't pretend to figure out for APR apps exactly what the system
> > provides, though there is currently a spotty set of APR_HAS_foo.
> >
> > Meanwhile, httpd goes and searches on its own for things APR doesn't
> > tell anyone about.  I'm curious about other opinions on whether or not
> > it is APR's job to tell what is available.
>
> In httpd, we don't call crypt(), we call APR

maybe this is the point of confusion...

httpd does call crypt()

$ grep crypt support/*c
support/htdbm.c:            apr_cpystrn(cpw, crypt(htdbm->userpass,
salt), sizeof(cpw) - 1);
support/htpasswd.c:        apr_cpystrn(cpw, crypt(pw, salt), sizeof(cpw) -
1);