A. Rowe, Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Brad Nicholes wrote:
>>
>> Since I don't know how the perl test suite works, I couldn't
>> really tell you how the suite must be rearchitected to fit the
>> new model.  I vaguely remember having this discussion with
>> somebody a year or more ago.  You might want to check the list
>> archive.  Other than that, we would just have to discuss what
>> the test suite is doing and how it might be reworked.
>
> How about a pointer to the patch applied to a prior module or two
> which replaces ap_requires with the new logic?
>
> It's not the framework - it's modperl itself I believe that is
> the prime issue.  The new interfaces need to be built.
>
> Bill

That would be a bit difficult because the difference between a prior module and
a new module is night and day.  Basically it is the difference between an
apache 2.2.x authz module and the same authz module in trunk (compare
mod_authz_user.c in both 2.2 branch and trunk or
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/aaa/mod_authz_user.c?r1=332306&r2=368027&diff_format=h).
  They don't compare well because it is a completely different architecture.

If we are talking about converting a hook based authz to a provider based authz
in mod_perl, then that is something different and very doable.  In fact my
'Modular Auth Arch' talk at ApacheCon a couple of months ago walks you through
the conversion (http://people.apache.org/~bnicholes/presentations/). The
original message sounded like it was the test suites that needed to be
refactored.

Brad