On 3/26/08 9:53 AM, "Nick Kew" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm not talking about inventing a new language.  Those who want one
> have some options already, as noted below ...

Right.  I was just "throwing it out there," so to speak.  I'm not opposed to
what you are saying, just wondering if we would/should take it to the next
level.

As to your suggestion:

So basically, the per_dir merge would use this mechanism instead of what it
does now (file walk, location walk)> (or in addition to??)

Something like:

<If Directory == /www/stuff and Remote_IP =~ 10.189.>
    SetEnv coolstuff
<Elsif HTTP_Host == www.domain.com or Local_Port == 8080>
    Set something different
<Elsif ENV{blah} =~ foo or Cookie{baz} == iamset>
    foo bar
<Else>
   something completely different
</endif>

(Horrible, example I know).  If it were easy to extend the expresions (ie, I
want to implement (Cache == yes/no) and stuff like ENV{key} were made to
work, I'm all for it.

It *should* be fairly easy to test this out with the current system (ala
Proxy blocks).

--
Brian Akins
Chief Operations Engineer