Graham Leggett wrote:

The trouble is, if I want to solve problem A ("configure the server"), and I find out that before I can solve problem A ("configure the server") I need to first solve problem B ("learn a new language"), that is a big incentive to just ignore the new server and stick with httpd v2.

It makes no difference in the world how "easy" Lua is to learn, "no learning required" will always beat "easy to learn" hands down every single time.

That's just marketing! Configuring the server is not a "no learning required" activity, particularly if you are using mod_rewrite!

Matt