On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 7:50 PM, Brian Havard <brian.hav...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Colm MacCárthaigh wrote:
>> There is a 1.3.42 release candidate for testing, and voting, at;
>>
>>          http://people.apache.org/~colm/1.3.42/
>>

> I just tried building on a fairly stock Ubuntu Karmic system and ran
> into this compile error:
>
> gcc -c  -I../os/unix -I../include   -DLINUX=22 -DHAVE_SET_DUMPABLE
> -DUSE_HSREGEX -DNO_DL_NEEDED `../apaci` htpasswd.c
> htpasswd.c:101: error: conflicting types for ‘getline’
> /usr/include/stdio.h:651: note: previous declaration of ‘getline’ was here
>
> So getline() is a system provided function here.
>
> I used the top level configure with /bin/sh changed to /bin/bash as
> mentioned elsewhere, no options.
> On fixing this I found that htdigest.c and logrotate.c have the same
> problem.
>
> The obvious fix would be to namespace protect these getline
> implementations,

Thanks for the report - disinclined to fix anything that isn't a
regression from 1.3.41 though. This is a security release, for
upgraders only - so presumably people who've managed to work around
these problems. Making life easy for new users is a deliberate
non-goal :-) 2.2 is much much better for new users.

--
Colm