On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 12:43 AM, Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Jan 8, 2010, at 4:29 AM, Colm MacCárthaigh wrote:
>
>> There is a 1.3.42 release candidate for testing, and voting, at;
>
> What happened to this, besides making Slashdot?

I transited the atlantic twice. I actually wasted about 2 days and 7
EC2 instances trying to document how many build problems there were on
modern linux distros due to the glibc/dash problems ... to try and
come up with a coherent "here's how to build, run, and test" ... but
it's a complete mess.

There are technically enough binding votes for release now, though
there is still the outstanding with the bundled docs tree (which
ironically turned out to be due to my using dash for testing!).

Unless there are any vetoes in the next 2 days, I'd be inclined to
release as-is, with the docs tree rerolled to fix includes. It is
*definitely* worth never making another release again imo, patches are
far less burden than this show!

--
Colm