Hi,

mod_dav doesn't handle GET requests in a consistent way: If a repos
provider has handle_get == 1, mod_dav will handle GET requests by
itself. This means no other handler will get a chance to interpret the
file as script or SSI. On the other hand, if the repos provider has
handle_get == 0, mod_dav will do nothing and another handler like
mod_php or mod_include may handle scripts, causing the output of the
script execution to be sent to the client instead of the script
source.

The documentation
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/mod/mod_dav.html#complex suggests
using ForceType 'text/plain' to circumvent this. Apart from the fact
that this is not enough and one may need 'SetHandler none' as well, I
think this is a kludge. mod_dav should make sure that the GET request
is handled by the default handler by setting r->handler in its fixup
hook. If nobody disagrees, I will change this in trunk.

Cheers,
Stefan