On 30 Jan 2010, at 12:04 PM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:

The recommended setup is to map separate URLs for DAV and script
execution to the content. It has been like this since at least 2.0.

The patch intentionally breaks existing configs that rely on the
ability to use the same URLs for DAV and script execution. Is this not
an acceptable change from 2.2 to 2.4 (if properly documented), as it
makes life a lot easier for people who use the recommended setup?

I don't follow how this makes it easier to use the recommended setup?

In your example config, you defined /dav as being handled by mod_dav, and then you defined a FilesMatch (as I recall) that defined mod_php to be used by all URLs in the complete URL space that ended with ".php". In so doing you're creating two configs that both overlap and contradict themselves, and this is specifically discouraged by the recommended setup.

I also don't like the idea that mod_dav is treated differently to other handlers. If you want to really solve this problem, you need to do so generically.

Regards,
Graham