Since people have begun talking about the idea of hosting/using this
system within the ASF, I've added some more kinks to the system now.

Those of you who have created an account (or those who create one and
let me know) will now see a "moderate" link when they are viewing
comments while logged in. This will take them to a new moderator site,
where it's possible to track the latest activity, delete threads and
track specific origins (origin tracking only applies to posts made after
I revamped the moderator system, so old posts can't be tracked).

An origin is basically a digest of an IP address (to both preserve the
privacy policy and get rid of any trouble with IPv4/IPv6 mingling), and
it allows you to either ban an origin from posting, view and delete any
comments made by that origin or simply nuke everything ever posted by
that origin. You can also opt in or out of receiving email notifications
when a new post is being made (and opting in/out on a specific page is
in the works). If you like, you can also register new sites to be used
with the comment system.

If you want to test out the features, be my guest and spam away on the
trunk pages, so you can nuke your own origin to bits :)

If this moves to infra, the plan is to use the committer IDs as your new
login, so all committers essentially become moderators, but will still
have to opt in in order to receive email notifications of new posts on
the site (unless it's a reply to their own post, in which case they'll
get a reply anyway)

With regards,
Daniel.