On 06.07.2012 14:41, b...@apache.org wrote:
> Author: ben
> Date: Fri Jul  6 12:41:10 2012
> New Revision: 1358167

> Log:
> Work correctly with a development version of OpenSSL. I suspect
> something similar is needed when there are two OpenSSL installations,
> one in a default location.
>
> Modified:
>     httpd/httpd/trunk/acinclude.m4
>     httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/ssl/ssl_engine_init.c
>
> Modified: httpd/httpd/trunk/acinclude.m4
> --- httpd/httpd/trunk/acinclude.m4 (original)
> +++ httpd/httpd/trunk/acinclude.m4 Fri Jul  6 12:41:10 2012

[...]

> +    dnl See if we've been given a development OpenSSL (lib does not exist)
> +    if test ! -d "$ap_openssl_base/lib"; then
> +      AC_MSG_WARN([Using development version of OpenSSL])
> +      dnl we need to prepend the directories to override the system version
> +      CPPFLAGS="-I$ap_openssl_base/include $CPPFLAGS"
> +      INCLUDES="-I$ap_openssl_base/include $INCLUDES"
> +      LDFLAGS="-L$ap_openssl_base $LDFLAGS"
> +      dnl naughty, but easier than the alternatives
> +      saved_LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS"
> +      SSL_LIBS="-L$ap_openssl_base"
> +    else

The --with-ssl argument to configure expects a path to (the base of) an
installed version of OpenSSL. If I'm understanding correctly, then this
patch tries to support building against an OpenSSL source tree (or
perhaps a build directory where only "make libs" has been executed)? If
that assumption is correct, then I would suggest to use a separate
configure argument to support this build option, e.g. --with-ssl-srcdir.

Kaspar