On Friday 13 July 2012, Rainer Jung wrote:
> On 13.07.2012 18:02, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> > If these can be added somewhat quickly, I'm willing to fast-track
> > them into 2.4.3.
>
> I drafted a patch available at
>
> http://people.apache.org/~rjung/patches/httpd-trunk-status-codes-ia
> na.patch
>
> Coments:
>
> - I didn't fix the indentation in include/httpd.h in order
>    to keep the patch readable.
>    Some of the new codes have a short description which is a bit
> longer than the longest one used up to now.
>
> - I didn't "fix" the old define named "HTTP_REQUEST_URI_TOO_LARGE"
>    which should have been "HTTP_REQUEST_URI_TOO_LONG" since it
>    is defined in a public header file
>
> - I included all changes proposed by Julian
>
> - there is a big gap of unused numbers between 208 and 226 which
>    I filled with "unknown" as was done before due to the
> limitations in ap_index_of_response() (focus on performance there)

Looks mostly good.

The lua_vmprep.c part has a spurios change to the makeintegerfield
define, though.

And I would replace all unknown/unused descriptions with NULL and
change the check in ap_index_of_response() to

  if (pos < shortcut[i + 1] && status_lines[pos] != NULL) {

This way, we correctly return 500 for unused response codes and we
don't need to store dozens of unused strings.

BTW, one should do a make clean (or make depend) after applying the
patch.