On 11/27/2012 5:11 PM, Guenter Knauf wrote:
Hey folks,
Am 27.11.2012 19:13, schrieb Eric Covener:
On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 12:59 PM, Igor Galić<i.ga...@brainsware.org> wrote:
just to revive this thread again, here's a current comment
thread to our documentation on:

   http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/platform/windows.html#comment_502

There's a couple of things to take away from this:

* We made no announcements (on our website) that we're essentially
  dropping Windows support with 2.4 (until further notice)

For posterities sake -- we haven't dropped Windows support.

There just aren't (currently) contributed binaries or an installer
posted on our website.  A note would be nice, binaries would be nicer,
and an installer would probably be the nicest.
well, I cant really get this now; I psoted here 2 times, and Gregg did post self: we have binaries available - just not msi but exe installer; and Gregg has even 64-bit versions - why dont we get some feedback about if we should put them out into release folder?? I believe these binaries are good enough to be released, and for the installer I'd say: we change the default path to c:\apache24 which is less trouble to handle on Vista and up, and see what we get on feedback of the users ... I would even be fine with only a zip archive with a batch file or script for fixing up paths in the conf file and creating a service, and perhaps we should offer that too ...
+1 on the .zip files as we have these available now. Can work towards/finish an installer after there's some sort of agreement.

Gregg