On 11/16/2012 12:08 PM, Gregg Smith wrote:
On 11/14/2012 3:56 AM, Guenter Knauf wrote:
Am 14.11.2012 12:53, schrieb Guenter Knauf:
I know that Gregg has 'something' which is not MSI but an EXE installer,
but it works, and I asked already a while back if we should push this
out, but there was no further interest / agreement here :-(
The 'something' is Inno Setup.
'works' is relative to as much is completed so far.

Another 'something' is NSIS (Nullsoft) which has been picked up by others and is over at sourceforge. I used to use it a long time ago but had to give it up for Inno Setup because it was dropped by the original author. A nice thing about it is the use and availability of plugins to do a lot of things even Inno cannot do. It's probably not as sharp a learning curve as WIX. Of course, it would mean starting from scratch.

I will take inventory on this Inno Setup scripts and see what is left to do here in a day or two.

Gregg