On 18.02.2013 21:34, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> The pre-release test tarballs for Apache httpd 2.4.4 can be found
> at the usual place:
>
>       http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/
>
> I'm calling a VOTE on releasing these as Apache httpd 2.4.4 GA.
> NOTE: The -deps tarballs are included here *only* to make life
> easier for the tester. They will not be, and are not, part
> of the official release.
>
> [ ] +1: Good to go
> [ ] +0: meh
> [ ] -1: Danger Will Robinson. And why.
>
> Vote will last the normal 72 hrs.

For the sake of completeness, my tests have finished:

- Sigs and hashes OK
- contents of tarballs identical
- contents of tag and tarballs identical
  except for expected deltas
  (we could cleanup some m4 files in apr-util/xml/expat/conftools
   at the end of buildconf, no regression)

Built on

- Solaris 8+10 Sparc as 32 Bit Binaries
- SLES 10 (32/64 Bits)
- SLES 11 (64 Bits)
- RHEL 5 and 6 (64 Bits)

- with default (shared) and static modules
- with module sets none, few, most, all, reallyall and default
  (always mod_privileges disabled)
- using --enable-load-all-modules
- against "included" APR/APU from later removed deps tarball,
  external APR/APU 1.4.6/1.4.1 and external external APR/APU 1.4.6/1.5.1

- using external libraries
  - expat 2.1.0
  - pcre 8.32
  - openssl 1.0.1e (plus a few patches)
  - lua 5.2.1
  - distcache 1.5.1
  - libxml2 2.9.0

- Tool chain:
    - platform gcc except for Solaris
      (gcc 4.1.2 for Solaris 8 and 4.7.2 for Solaris 10)
    - CFLAGS: -O2 -g -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing
              (and -mpcu=v9 on Solaris)

All builds succeeded except for

- RHEL 6 64 Bits one of 42 builds crashed with a segfault in ksh.

Tested for

- Solaris 8+10 (32), SLES 10 (32/64), SLES 11 (64), RHEL 5+6 (64)
- MPMs prefork, worker, event (except for Solaris 8 - no event)
- default (shared) and static modules
- log levels info, debug and trace8
- module set reallyall (117 modules excl. MPMs)

All Tests passed with the following exceptions:

a Test 5 in t/modules/dav.t:
  8 out of 360 runs had the "created" time after
  the "modified" time.
  This seems to be a system issue, all tests done on NFS,
  many tested on virtualized guests.
  Not a regression.

b Test 8 in t/ssl/pr12355.t:
  3 out of 360 runs failed this test,
  (2 RHEL 5, 1 on SLES 10, alls 3 static builds).
  60000 bytes were posted, but only between 40KB and 45KB bytes
  received.
  Not reproducible, very rare.
  PR 12355 is: POST incompatible w/ renegotiate https: connection
  Not a regression.

c Various tests in t/apache/expr_string.t:
  105 out of 360 runs failed this test, (all on Linux).
  The failure is always on line 68 of the tests, where
  the error_log contents are checked.
  Inspecting the file after the test shows all needed lines are there
  but again it seems to be an NFS problem, that the test script
  can not see the contents quickly enough.
  Adding a 0.1 seconds sleep before reading the file fixes the problem.

Regards,

Rainer