On 6/17/14 3:24 PM, Rich Bowen wrote:
> There is no requirement that a project site look like the main foundation
> site.
> Pick any project. Say, http://flume.apache.org/ or
> http://cloudstack.apache.org/ or http://etch.apache.org/ - each has their own
> unique feel.
>
> And, frankly, at this point in time, I think that basing our design after the
> http://apache.org/ design is not at all desirable, as that site has a strong
> feeling of nostalgia too.

The best TLP site I've ever seen at Apache is CouchDB's

http://couchdb.apache.org/

I think it meets all the functional requirements that people have been
mentioning in this thread while at the same not looking like something someone
made in 1999.

I believe the only thing the Javascript does on this page is make it so when
you click on an anchor in the same page it smoothly scrolls to the anchor.
Without CSS and in Lynx it seems perfectly reasonable.

So if you're looking for something to emulate.  It seems like a good one to
emulate.