On 09/15/2014 08:00 AM, Jan Kaluža wrote:
On 09/14/2014 01:21 PM, Martynas Bendorius wrote:
Hello,

Is there any special reason why mod_systemd and mod_journald (available
in trunk) are not backported to 2.4 yet?

Hi,

I think mod_systemd could be proposed for 2.4 branch (maybe even with
the changes adding socket activation), but for mod_journald, we would
have to backport "modular logging", which breaks the API/ABI and
therefore I'm afraid that won't happen in 2.4 branch :(.

mod_systemd and socket activation proposed in r1625531.

Jan Kaluza

Jan Kaluza

As we have a lot of distributions already using systemd by default
(CentOS/RHEL 7, Fedora, Arch Linux, CoreOS, openSUSE), and more of them
are going to use systemd by default (Debian 8 (Jessie), Ubuntu), it
requires manual patching of apache for the support of systemd/journald.

Thank you!