On May 8, 2017 18:15, "Jacob Champion" <champio...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been similarly confused. It's obvious that the XML sources have no
> context without the XSLT and build stack.

For XSLT, agreed. But as Andre points out there is a way to use the XML
without the build stack, as long as you have a capable browser.

There are a couple ways we could slice this, including pulling .XML out
> from all the packages which won't ship the transformations.

I'm kind of hoping for the opposite of this -- push more of the context
that belongs with the XML files into the httpd repo, and remove anything
from the build repo that shouldn't be generalized to all branches of the
documentation.

Sounds like the right (if not simplest) approach.