I'm speaking of personal i18n experience as a Windows developer, and
assigning support for Cyrillic-based languages in nginx that I've presumed
exist (I've never researched the software but am familiar with the origins.)

IIS/Windows long offered robust support to the multibyte character development
spheres, along with localized error messages and JP-2022 rendering. Also enjoys
a very long history of R-T-L text support.

This is a very dated report but is still useful in illustrating early nginx
vs IIS vs Apache httpd adoption, which has always mapped well into
my assumptions;

https://w3techs.com/blog/entry/most_popular_web_servers_by_country

In short, we demand admins read their httpd error log in English, even
where the underlying cause has been rendered in their local language
by the underlying operating system. (OS error messaging falls apart in
mass hosting where readers of different languages are hosted on the
same box, but that's an unusual situation, based on mass-vhoster
marketing alone.)

Localizing our error messages alone would go a long ways to being
friendly to non-english speaking administrators. If we don't want to
bother, we can expect for our software to be further marginalized.