On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 12:20 AM, Marion et Christophe JAILLET
<christophe.jail...@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

>>> Please, not without an overhaul of APLOGNO to automate it a lot better!
>>> The time to devise your error message is when coding an original
>>> ap_log_*error, not retrospectively once a number has been generated!
>>
>> ++1
>
> This could be achieved easily by just adding in 'log_error_core()':
> (+ a few lines to initialize gettext in main() + a few lines to get a pool
> in 'log_error_core()' (i.e. p below))
>
>     /* Check if we have a leading AHnnnnn: header */
>     if (p &&
>         fmt[0] == 'A' &&
>         fmt[1] == 'H' &&
>         apr_isdigit(fmt[2]) &&
>         apr_isdigit(fmt[3]) &&
>         apr_isdigit(fmt[4]) &&
>         apr_isdigit(fmt[5]) &&
>         apr_isdigit(fmt[6]) &&
>         fmt[7] == ':' &&
>         fmt[8] == ' ') {
>             const char *tmp;
>
>             /* Get the translation of the message itself */
>             tmp = gettext(&fmt[9]);
>
>             /* Rewrite the format string with the translated message */
>             fmt = apr_pstrcat(p, apr_pstrmemdup(p, fmt, 9), tmp, NULL);
>             printf("tmp: %s\n", fmt);
>     }
>
> That's all.
> If interested by this approach, I can give a full working patch.

While we are unconcerned whether build tooling is GPL, we are very concerned
that we retain license and copyright of that output, and that linking system GPL
code does not alter our license.

As a GPL toolchain and call, this seems to require additional research.

If the tooling is clean and the gettext() call is not, then I could
fully support
following GPL gettext conversion file conventions in any custom code we create.