> On 20 Apr 2018, at 08:53, Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com> wrote:
>
> Sorry for coming in late, but what is the exact issue we are trying to solve
> again? My understanding was that if someone wanted something like
>
>       ErrorLog "syslog-httpd.log"
>
> that the current implementation would, incorrectly, send the log data to
> syslogd. Is that right?

Luca is working PR 62102 which has to do with "syslog:...:...", but that
unveiled an inconsistency between core.c and log.c. Before his proposed patch
in STATUS, core.c is doing a strcmp() for "syslog" whereas log.c is doing
strncasecmp(). We have been discussing standardizing both on strn?cmp(), but
that would potentially lead to "breaking" configs that use "SYSLOG" rather than
"syslog".