On Wed, Sep 12, 2018, 09:19 Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm> wrote:

> On 12 Sep 2018, at 15:39, William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>
> > Now, why would we *need* a 2.5.x branch?
>
> The primary need is to remove stuff that we deem not-ready-for-2.6-yet.
> Modules without any docs for example would need to be either documented or
> removed-from-2.5-that-will-become-2.6, keeping trunk as it is.

If it is not ready, it should not pollute trunk. Think of this as an
exercise to prune things unlikely to ever be hashed out completely. Why put
off the inevitable and force this set of issues on the 2.7.x maintainers
down the road?

We have a sandbox; things that must still be proven up need to be moved
there and pruned sometime in the next 10 years, if then.